Practicing mindfulness is a way to strengthen consciousness, which is the part of the brain that is able to make intentional decisions instead of knee-jerk reactions, and think critically, creatively, and focus like a mother-lovin' Jedi.
It’s the part of the brain that hosts the badass skills a person needs to rein in their shit and gain control of their lives.
Practicing mindfulness also gets you better acquainted with your senses and increases body awareness. Super helpful when you're developing self-care independence.
And THIS is my ever-growing list of 60-Second Mindfulness Practices.
Here’s how to practice:
- Whatever the activity is, the goal is to keep your focus on that activity alone.
- If other thoughts or distractions pop up, gently redirect your attention back to the activity. Try not to use negative language when redirecting yourself.
- Try to keep your body relaxed during the activities.
- At the end of the 60 seconds, congratulate yourself for doing a good job (even if you were completely distracted the entire time).
While the brain is super complex, it’s also kind of simple. It likes problem solving and praise. The fact that you completed the 60 second activity and praised yourself for doing so is the equivalent to petting your canine companion and telling it it’s a good dog.
The more you train the brain and reward it with some positive language (and maybe even a scratch behind the ear), the more eager it will be to tap into some mindfulness.
And mindfulness is a skill that comes in wicked handy when life presents you with challenges, and shit gets real.
So, let’s get this party started!
Don't miss out on a Minute, and
sign up for my Newsletter!
And I'll also send you my FREE Mindset Makeover Worksheet!
I love you.
I appreciate you.
Thank you so much for being here.
- Self-Care Independence
- 5 Secrets for Successful Self-Care
- Mindset Makeover
- Feelings: Auditing Your Emotions + Hacking Your Hormones
- 6 Ways to Identify Your SELF
- How To Recognize Your Self-Care Needs
Learn more about Crystal McLain
Learn more about Memberships
Shop for Self-Care Goodies